Tennis has now resumed but with certain restrictions being put in place. In light of this, the Club has introduced a special membership for the remainder of this season – £50 for individuals and £100 for families – which are available now via the Membership page. In an effort to maintain a safe playing environment Pay and Play is not currently available. Please also note only paid up members can play – sorry no visitors are allowed to play at present.
Due to the pandemic, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that Members adhere to the following additional rules until further notice;
· It is COMPULSORY TO BOOK A COURT prior to play (1-2 hours per session) as the club needs to ensure there are not too many people on the premises at any one time. Courts can be booked through the Mirfield Tennis website under the BOOKING tab – select a court, the date, time & duration. To aid track and trace should it be required, each member due to play on the court must be included when the booking is made. The booking will be cancelled if this is not adhered to.
. Please respect SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES on entering & exiting Mirfield Tennis Club and when moving around the courts. LTA guidelines suggest you leave 10 minutes prior to the end of your session to avoid congestion at entrances.
· Whilst not compulsory, it is advisable that you should only use your own racquets and balls, and not share equipment with other players. Marking balls can help with this.
· Please ensure hands are washed before and after using the courts plus bring hand sanitisers for use during play and for cleaning of handles and the gate lock after touching.
· The Clubhouse cannot be used until further notice and so there will be no access to toilets or changing facilities. Again this is for your own safety and that of voluntary committee members who clean the clubhouse.
· Access to the courts is via the Westside gate only (nearest the car park)
· Nets must be left at the correct height as the winding handles will be removed to avoid unnecessary contact.
Everyone at the Club is relieved and happy we are playing tennis again. It is in all our interests that Members follow the above rules so that this awful virus can hopefully be brought under control and some form of normality will return sooner rather than later.
Enjoy playing your tennis again but please play safe to stay safe!